Water Test Welder
- Job Order ID: 837
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
Now hiring welders with various experience levels. Preferred MIG, TIG and STICK experience; must have MIG and STICK experience.
Pay rate is $13 per hour with opportunity for increases.
- This position is responsible for adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, and Corporate/company policies.
- Obtain and correctly use required safety and personal protective equipment. Comply with and enforce approved safety rules and procedures, and report to supervisor defective safety equipment or unsafe conditions or practices. Report all injuries occurring while on site. Attend all scheduled safety training sessions.
- Comply with and enforce approved quality procedures, work instructions and other approved documentation such as drawings and quality records. Complete all required quality tests and inspections as assigned. Complete fully, accurately, and submit on time required records and documents to supervision or QA. Reject any identified nonconforming product, and notify supervision and/or QA that product/material has been rejected. Attend all scheduled quality training sessions.
- Comply with and enforce the appropriate environmental procedures and practices. Comply with pertinent environmental permit discharge limits including notifying QA supervision prior to draining any pit, tank, or container to the sewer or to the ground on the property, or releasing any chemical to the atmosphere. Employee is responsible for reading and understanding appropriate MSDS documents for chemicals used or stored in their work area. Attend all scheduled environmental training sessions.
- Be able to startup and shutdown welding machines and fixtures. Must know the location of breakers boxes and power switches and have the ability to operate.
- Ability to use overhead crane and obtain radiators from storage area and transfer them to the lifting eye station.
- Ability to read tape measure in order to measure radiator.
- Ability to read and interpret form OP-09-01.7 for radiators special attachment requirements. Must have good reading and math skills.
- Know how to mig, stick and tig weld in order to properly weld on attachments and repair leaks and other non-conforming problems.
- Use crane to transfer radiators to water test using hand and eye coordination.
- Be able to setup fixtures to accommodate radiator size in order to test radiator.
- Transfer completed radiator to storage area.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and bend for duration of shift.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and up to 100+ pounds with assistance.