- Job Order ID: 265
- City: Sylvania
- State: GA
Responsible for operating more than one type of machine in more than one department in a safe, efficient, and productive manner.
Responsible for operating more than one type of machine in more than one department in a safe, efficient, and productive manner. Gather, arrange position, fit, fasten, install, and/or assemble parts on production units as instructed by supervisor or authorized personnel. Must be able to perform satisfactorily under timed or paced assembly line conditions while maintaining high quality and consistency of work. Must be qualified in all assembly jobs. Responsible for the quality of work performed and recognizing defects in parts and assemblies. Monitor assemblies completed at other workstations and perform subsequent checks to insure critical elements of the assembly process are completed correctly. Count parts as needed. Notify are supervisor, lift driver and/or stock-chaser of pending parts shortages. Detect and report unusual conditions to supervisor. Keep facilities, material and work area orderly, exercising care in use. Maintain good housekeeping practices. Conform to all safety and quality requirements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Entry-level position, responsible for performing a wide variety of production/ assembly work functions. Output is normally repetitive.
- Follow instruction cares and perform job tasks and responsibilities at various workstations.
- Perform stock handling duties.
- Perform quality checks to insure parts are meeting quality criteria. Job may require using gauges to perform quality checks and record results.
- Duties may include resetting and performing minor adjustments to production equipment as directed.
- It is essential the employee reports to work on time on scheduled workdays and maintains good work attendance.
- It is essential the employee work scheduled mandatory overtime hours.
- Job rotation is required, where applicable
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
As seen on Indeed.com
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Successfully complete all required training classes, either as prerequisite or selection or to ongoing skill building training.
- As may be required, forklift driver skill and certification
- Candidates may be required to lift or carry parts, and/or other materials of various sizes and weights.
- Ability to perform occasional to frequent bending and reaching
- Ability to stand and/or walk constantly over a full work shift