SITE COMMANDER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Apply Online: www.sizemoreinc.com
As a Sizemore Site Commander, you have become an integral part of the Management and Supervision Team of Sizemore Security. The manner in which you and your officers perform the assigned duties has a direct impact on Sizemore Security's ability to continue to be one of the fastest-growing and most professional security agencies in the service industry. The Mission Statement of Sizemore, Inc. clearly reflects the importance of our employees. (A copy is attached.) This document has been created to provide you with basic guidance to function as a Sizemore Site Commander. Please take the time to read and understand what is expected of you.
You are encouraged to ask questions of your Sizemore Manager at any time you are unclear about what action is to be taken.
Your General Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Be intimately familiar with all duties and responsibilities assigned to your
- Maintain frequent (daily where possible) contact with the client's designated representative to facilitate an effective flow of information. Never be hesitant to ask the representative for clarification if any instructions are not understood. Additionally, never be hesitant to ask the client's representative for their frank comments concerning how well we are providing the service they
- Maintain weekly contact with your Sizemore Manager to facilitate an effective flow of information. More frequent contact may be necessary for the event of a serious incident or concern of the
- Interview for the suitability, all newly assigned officers. If either you or the client's representative believes the new officer is not suitable for the assignment, immediately contact the Operations Staff at your Sizemore office. Newly assigned officers are to be formally evaluated after 45 days of assignment and again at 75 days of assignment. Thereafter, evaluations will be completed annually. Copies of all evaluations will be forwarded to the Operations Section of your Sizemore office for review and inclusion in the employee's personnel file. A copy of the evaluation form is attached. (Blank evaluation forms are available from the Operations )
Few things build morale and team spirit more than giving recognition to deserving employees. You should recommend, to your Sizemore Manager, any officer deserving of special recognition, award, promotion, etc.
- Ensure you have a minimum of one qualified company trainer who is knowledgeable enough to present site training to all newly assigned officers. You are expected to create I maintain an up-to-date training checklist, which will help ensure all new officers are completely trained. Upon completion of the initial site training, both the company trainer and the new officer will sign the training checklist. It will then be forwarded to the Operations Section of your Sizemore Office for inclusion in the officer's personnel file.
- Maintain a weekly work schedule and ensure all regularly assigned officers are aware of their work schedule the week prior to the beginning of the schedule. Wherever possible, a permanent schedule should be maintained and changes should be held to a minimum. On most sites, clients do not pay for all overtime worked. Anytime the client does not pay the overtime pay rate, this is considered "Non-Billable Overtime".
Non-Billable Overtime has a negative impact on Sizemore's operation. Non-Billable Overtime must be held to an absolute minimum and eliminated totally whenever possible. You will be required to explain all Non-Billable Overtime. As soon as you become aware that you will need a replacement officer (current officer tenders their resignation with notice, vacations, etc.) immediately notify the Operations Section of your Sizemore Office and request a replacement.
- Create I maintain an up-to-date set of Post Orders. Your Post Orders should clearly outline the duties performed by the Security Staff, including actions to be taken in the event of Either a "Pass-On" section or a separate "Pass-On" book, must accompany all Post Orders. The "Pass-On" section is to be utilized to record special instructions received and other information, which must be given to other officers. The "Pass-On" section must be read at the beginning of each shift to ensure timely dissemination of information. Ensure that all updates (for Post Orders and other procedures) are forwarded to the Sizemore office for inclusion in the client file.
- Enforce the standards outlined in the Sizemore Security Officer's Handbook, the site Post Orders and any other written or verbal orders received. (REMEMBER: A leader who sets the example has a much easier time obtaining professional results from his subordinate officers.) From time to time it may become necessary to take corrective action to encourage officers to improve their appearance or job
All counseling sessions MUST be documented in writing by the supervisor conducting the counseling and submitted to the Operations Section of your Sizemore Office for inclusion in the counseled officer's personnel file. A copy of the Sizemore Counseling Form and Security Officer Discrepancy form is attached. (Counseling Forms and Officer Discrepancy forms are available from the Operations Section of your Sizemore Office.) All records pertaining to employees must be kept under lock and key with limited access. Security officers should not be allowed access to personnel files.
- Review and approve all reports and forms completed by the Security Staff. (Standard blank forms are available from the Operations Section of your Sizemore )
- Two, unannounced, off-shift inspections of the Security Staff should be conducted each calendar
- Ensure that a First Report of Injury (Accident Form) is completed immediately whenever a Sizemore Employee is injured on the job. A copy of the accident report is attached. If the injured employee requires medical treatment off-site, an initial telephone notification will be made to your Sizemore Office immediately. The written report of injury will be completed and submitted to the Operations Section of your Sizemore Office to arrive within one working day following the
REMEMBER - EXCEPT WHEN TREATMENT AT A HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM IS MEDICALLY REQUIRED, MEDICAL TREATMENT MUST BE OBTAINED FROM PHYSICIANS LISTED IN SIZEMORE'S PANEL OF DOCTOR'S LIST. THIS LIST IS POSTED AT EACH SIZEMORE OFFICE.
as seen on indeed.com
Complete and submit to the Operations Section of your Sizemore Office, no later than 9 AM each Monday, the weekly payroll I_ billing sheet(s). The KRONOS call-in system is used at those sites where officers have access to a telephone for the purposes of clocking in and out. Kronos payroll is processed at the Division office. For those situations where the payroll _I billing sheets are turned in prior to the end of the payroll period and changes have occurred, you are to call the changes into the Operations Section AFTER 9 AM AND PRIOR TO 12 NOON on (Payday is Friday; however, payroll checks are sometimes distributed on Thursday afternoons after 2 PM. In some instances, payroll checks are delivered to individual sites. Ensure all officers understand they may not cash their payroll checks until after 2 PM, Thursday.)
- Continually evaluate and make recommendations to your Sizemore Manager concerning the overall quality and level of service being provided by Sizemore, the accuracy and appearance of the Post Orders and any new vulnerability or other situations that could have an adverse impact on the overall Safety and Security Programs at your site.
- Ensure that any vehicles being operated by Sizemore employees are properly maintained and not abused in any way. This includes the daily checking of all fluid levels, tires and lighting systems. All vehicles must be operated in accordance with State Law and client I Sizemore SEAT BELT WEAR IS MANDATORY IN ALL VEHICLES SO EQUIPPED!
- Sizemore's general vacation policy is:
- 1 week of paid vacation after 2 years of full-time employment.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after 10 years of full-time
Vacation time cannot be accumulated. Vacation time must be scheduled a minimum of four weeks in advance and cannot normally be scheduled during holiday periods.
- Equal Opportunity I Affirmative Action: Sizemore hereby reaffirms its policy to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to provide, to the maximum extent possible, the same employment, placement, training, promotion and salary opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, age, physical handicaps (except where age, sex, or physical handicap constitute a bona fide occupation qualification) or any other non-merit factor and to promote the full realization of equal employment through a continuing Affirmative Action Plan, applicable to each Division of the Corporation. A complete copy of Sizemore's Affirmative Action Policy C-7009 is on file at each Sizemore office and is available for any employee to read.
- Sexual Harassment, in any form or manner, is absolutely forbidden. Violations of this nature will be reported to the Manager of your Sizemore Office immediately and an investigation will be conducted. Confidentiality is to be maintained. A complete copy of Sizemore's Sexual Harassment Policy B-6001 is
- Gossiping, spreading rumors and other attempts at disrupting the workplace will not be tolerated and will lead to disciplinary. You and your supervisors need to ensure that you do not divulge any information about other officers to anyone unless there is a legitimate need to know.
- Sizemore Security is committed to providing a safe place for you and your officers to work. As a Site Commander, you are expected to help ensure that all subordinate officers exercise good judgment and common sense in their day-to-day work assignments. Horseplay and practical jokes can cause accidents and injuries; therefore, such activities are not permitted. It is imperative that all employees be alert for fire and safety problems. As the Site Commander, it is your responsibility to train your officers in this area and ensure that these reports are passed along to the client for corrective action.
- Public Relations: A pleasant expression and a courteous greeting help set the tone for how personnel will evaluate how well we provide our services to our clients. All officers are to be instructed to present themselves in a pleasant and professional manner at all
- Safety: Sizemore, Inc. has a corporate-wide safety and health program. Every employee of Sizemore is given a copy of the Safety Handbook that they are to read and comply with. At each site where we work, there are site-specific safety precautions that must be adhered to. As the Site Commander, it is your responsibility to ensure all assigned officers are fully briefed on ALL safety precautions and procedures. Most clients have their own safety programs for contractors and Sizemore is a contractor. Coordinate directly with your client representative to ensure our employees are fully briefed on the safety policies for their site.
As one of Sizemore's Site Commanders, you and your officers are a very important part of our overall service. When we work as a team and provide total quality service, we all succeed!
as seen on indeed.com