- Job Order ID: 59
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
JOB SUMMARY: Security Officers maintain overall security of clients facility by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of client’s rules and regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as required.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age for armed or unarmed positions.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with any personnel at the Client's location.
- Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
- Have dependable transportation
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Be physically capable of restraining an individual in a situation requiring physical restraint.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors.
- Be able to work any shift, 24 hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties. (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
- Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Work in harmony with others.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions.
- Operate communication equipment that could include, telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems and public address systems.
- Performs walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Capable of long periods of standing and walking.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations
- Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports
- Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment.
Job Functions / Requirements related to Security Officer:
1. Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
2. Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
3. Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized
(i.e. Closed Circuit Television Systems; vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other related job duties as assigned.
It is essential that the Security Officer support and integrate the values of the Client and Sizemore, in order to interact effectively with the client's employees, visitors, customers and vendors. The Security Officer must demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Physical / Mental Requirements: