Security Officer TWIC REQUIRED
- Job Order ID: 731
- City: Savannah
- State: GA
Security Officers maintain overall security of client’s facility by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of client’s rules and regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as required. TWIC Card is mandatory.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age for armed and unarmed positions
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with any personnel at the client location.
- Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
- Must have dependable transportation
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Be physically capable of restraining an individual in a situation requiring physical restraint
- Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors
- Be able to work any shift, 24 hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift indicate what restrictions apply.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
- Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled
- Work in harmony with others
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions
- Operate communications equipment that could include telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems, and public address systems
- Performs walking security, fire prevention, and safety patrols. Capable of long periods of standing or walking.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations
- Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire, and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports
- Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Must have a TWIC Card. If one is purchased by the company, there will be payroll deductions to recover the cost
Job Functions/ Requirements related to Security Officer:
- Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized (Closed Circuit Television Systems, vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other related job duties as assigned
It is essential that the Security Officer support and integrate the values of the Client and Sizemore, in order to interact effectively with the client's employees, visitors, customers, and vendors. The Security Officer must demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
High School diploma or GED
Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state driver's license and provide Sizemore with a 5 year driving record. Where applicable, obtain and maintain appropriate certifications/registrations (State Security/Armed Registration)
Job Knowledge and Skills:
Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations, such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible, and complete.
Previous experience in Security, Military, or Law Enforcement is desirable.
Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 50 lbs. with some regularity. Work requires high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgment in evaluating and reacting to situations under emergency and high stress situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
Working and Environmental Conditions:
In the course of performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all weather conditions.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.