Security Officer F/T Garden City
- Job Order ID: 769
- City: Savannah
- State: GA
Full time and Part time positions available upon completion of 24 hours Georgia Security Training.
Security Officers maintain overall security of client's facility by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of client's rules and regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as required. This position requires that you have good computer skills.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
1. Be at least 21 years of age for armed and 18 years of age for unarmed positions
2. Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
3. Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with any personnel at the client location.
4. Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
5. Must have dependable transportation
6. Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
7. Be physically capable of restraining an individual in a situation requiring physical restraint.
8. Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors
9. Be able to work any shift, 24 hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift indicate what restrictions apply.
10. Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
11. Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled
12. Work in harmony with others
13. Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions
14. Operate communications equipment that could include telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems, and public address systems
15. Perform walking security, fire prevention, and safety patrols. Must be able to withstand long periods of standing or walking.
16. Run for short distances in response to emergency situations
17. Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire, and medical support agencies when needed.
18. Prepare and present oral and written reports
19. Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment.
Job Functions/ Requirements related to Security Officer:
1. Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures
2. Respond to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been approved by all levels of local management: