- Job Order ID: 86
- City: Macon
- State: GA
Security Officers for the Macon area. Hiring reliable and dependable people for full time/part time hours.
Security Officers maintain overall security of client locations
by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of client's rules and regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as required.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have no convictions for any felony offense.
- Have no misdemeanor convictions for any crimes of moral turpitude.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds without restriction.
- Restrain an individual in those situations when an arrest must be made.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight.
- Be able to work any shift, 24-hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply to your availability.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties. (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
- Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Be able to work in harmony with others.
- Successfully complete all initial training.
- Read and comprehend policies and procedures / rules and regulations.
- Communicate and interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with personnel authorized to be upon the client's location.
- Operate communication equipment that could include, telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems.
- Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Long periods of standing and walking can be anticipated.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations.
- Follows established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepares and presents oral and written reports.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment (hardhats, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel toed shoes, etc.).
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized (i.e. Closed Circuit Television Systems; vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Licensure / Certification:
Security Officer must qualify for state registration in those states where registration is required.
Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state driver's license and provide Sizemore with a 3 year driving record. Applicants with convictions for DUI, Reckless Driving and other serious traffic law violations are not eligible for employment as a Security Officer required to operate a motor vehicle.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so that instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible and complete.
Previous experience in Security, Military or Law Enforcement is desirable.
Physical / Mental Requirements:
Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift / carry 50 lbs with some regularity. Work requires a high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgement in evaluating and reacting to situations under emergency and high stress situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
Working and Environmental Conditions:
In the course of performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all weather conditions.
Those Security Officers assigned to Healthcare Facilities can anticipate having occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infectious material.