- Job Order ID: 857
- City: Toomsboro
- State: GA
Security Officers maintain overall security of client’s facility by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of client’s rules and regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as required.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age for armed or unarmed positions.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with any personnel at the Client's location.
- Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
- Have dependable transportation
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Be physically capable of restraining an individual in a situation requiring physical restraint.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors.
- Be able to work any shift, 24 hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties. (i.e. fear of heights, etc.)
- Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Work in harmony with others.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions.
- Operate communication equipment that could include, telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems and public address systems.
- Performs walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Capable of long periods of standing and walking.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations
- Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports
- Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment.
As seen on Indeed.com.
Job Functions / Requirements related to Security Officer:
- Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized
(i.e. Closed Circuit Television Systems; vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other related job duties as assigned.
It is essential that the Security Officer support and integrate the values of the Client and Sizemore, in order to interact effectively with the client's employees, visitors, customers and vendors. The Security Officer must demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
High school diploma or GED.
Licensure / Certification:
Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state driver's license and provide Sizemore with a 5 year driving record. Where applicable, obtain and maintain appropriate certifications/registrations. (Ex...State Security/Armed Registration)
Job Knowledge and Skills:
Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations, such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible, and complete.
Previous experience in Security, Military or Law Enforcement is desirable.
Physical / Mental Requirements:
Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements.
Requires the ability to lift / carry 50 lbs. with some regularity. Work requires high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must posses initiative and sound judgment in evaluating and reacting to situations under emergency and high stress situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
Working and Environmental Conditions:
In the course of performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all weather conditions.