- Job Order ID: 1894
- City: Conyers
- State: GA
Seeking Security Officers to work in the Conyers, GA area.
Pay Rate: $13.00/hr
JOB SUMMARY: Security Officers maintain overall security of client locations by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of client's rules and regulations; performing proactive security patrols; responding to emergency situations; completing required reports; and performing other duties as required.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
- Responsible for the safety of Guests and Associates.
- Directs Guests and Associates during crisis situations.
- Patrols the facility to identify safety hazards and potential safety and security issues
- Will document reports regarding security-related incidents.
- Provides Guest service/customer services while on duty.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have no convictions for any felony offense.
- Have no misdemeanor convictions for any crimes of moral turpitude.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds without restriction.
- Restrain an individual in those situations when an arrest must be made.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight.
- Be able to work any shift, 24-hours per day seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply to your availability.
- Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Be able to work in harmony with others.
- Successfully complete all initial training.
- Read and comprehend policies and procedures/rules and regulations.
- Communicate and interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with personnel authorized to be upon the client's location.
- Operate communication equipment that could include telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems, ect.
- Control vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Long periods of standing and walking can be anticipated.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations.
- Follows established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepared and presents oral and written reports.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment (hardhats, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel toed shoes, ect.)
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized (i.e. Closed-Circuit Television Systems; metal detectors and computer systems,)
29. Any and all other duties as assigned
as seen on indeed.com
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform other related job duties as assigned.
It is essential that the Security Officer support and integrate the values of the client and interact effectively with the client's employees, visitors, customers and vendors. The Security Officer is expected to demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
High School Diploma or GED
Security Officer must qualify for state registration in those states where registration is required. State regulation is required in Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state driver's license and provide Sizemore with a 3-year driving record.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations, such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible and complete.
Previous experience in Security, Military, Corrections or Law Enforcement is desirable.
Work is classified as heavy in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 50 lbs with some regularity. Work requires a high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgment in evaluation and reacting to situations under emergency and high stress situations. Work may involve the verbal de-escalation of potentially violent individuals or the confrontation of persons with weapons.
Working and Environmental Conditions:
In the course of performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work both inside and outside of buildings and in all weather conditions.
Those Security Officers assigned to Healthcare Facilities can anticipate having occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious material.
as seen on indeed.com