Security Agency Manager
- Job Order ID: 867
- City: Chicago
- State: IL
Sizemore, Inc. is seeking the right person with a current Illinois Security Agency License to serve as the Licensee-in-Charge for our agency. This is a full-time position. Candidates should submit their resume with proof of an active IL Security Agency License.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruits, conducts screening interviews, administers tests, checks references, and evaluates potential applicants for hire.
- Makes job assignment offers to employees explaining full job description, terms of assignment, pay rate, and benefits.
- Obtains complete and accurate information from customers placing job orders and matches the best candidate to the job.
- Conducts employee orientations and/or job specific (or customer specific) training.
- Monitors employee activity at customer location such as attendance and performance.
- Conducts service calls to customer to ensure quality service, obtain feedback, and recommend solutions and improvements, track and capture data.
- Follows and communicates all safety rules and regulations.
- Represents company at various professional, academic, and/or civic activities as requested.
- Supports the local office in their corporate requirements.
- Performs routine administrative tasks including maintenance of filing systems.
- Aggressively prospect new clients and build client base
- Build and service accounts delivering measurable results
- Benchmark service performance, conduct performance appraisals and analyze bottom line goals/targets
- Maintain proficiency in computers and computer software specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PAM, Great Plains and PowerPoint in order to conduct and complete business
- Maintain professionalism in self-presentation (i.e., phone etiquette, manner, and personal appearance)
- Customize the communication/presentation of company services towards one-on-one and/or group presentations.
- Work with corporate support personnel on budgeting, supervising, management, and organizational needs.
- Approve payroll on a weekly basis
- Schedule and staff all accounts
- Assist in scrutinizing manpower issues to ensure non-billable overtime is kept at minimal to non-existent levels
- Provide replacement personnel for full-time accounts when manpower shortages exist
- Provide direct supervision to all on-site staff, day or night
- Counsel, terminate, and address other disciplinary actions as needed
- Maintain regular communication with clients to ensure customer satisfaction and resolution of issues that do not require the attention of the Vice President of Corporate Security
- Order PPE, uniforms and other equipment necessary for employees to perform necessary functions and/or to meet contract specifics.
- Directly supervise employees to ensure that all training requirements are satisfied in accordance with state laws (if applicable)
- Conduct on-site inspections of personnel and performance to ensure that contract compliance is satisfied
- Review all daily reports and incident reports
- Conduct monthly review of billing statements for accuracy
- Address all Workers Compensation concerns immediately, completing paperwork, follow up, working closely with our insurance company and injured employee to insure they are properly taken care of and back to work as quickly as possible.
- Address all Unemployment issues with the 3rd party administrators and State offices as is needed, conducting investigations, completing paperwork and participating in hearings.
This list is not all inclusive. Other tasks may be assigned as required.
As seen on Indeed.com
Be at least 18 years of age.
Have dependable transportation.
Must submit to and pass required testing. (Admin related to job functions, background, drug)
Have within the normal range of hearing and eyesight.
Be able to work the dayshift, Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM as well as extra hours that could be required from time to time.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
Be able to work in harmony with others.
Must possess great problem-solving skills and be a self-starter.
Must be able to read and comprehend policies and procedures/rules and regulations written or spoken in English.
Above average written and oral communication skills utilizing the English language and interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone, whether the individual is an internal or external customer. Bilingual is a plus.
Possess patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with any person in the work environment.
Must adhere to all safety requirements of Sizemore and any applicable jobsite.
May be required to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company and make distribution or pickup of material occasionally. With this responsibility, an MVR must be provided and accepted by Sizemore.
Must possess initiative and sound judgement in evaluating and responding to situations.
Must possess a current IL Security Contract Agency License
Work will be performed in a climate-controlled building as well as some exposure to outside elements for site visits/inspections during the normal business day.
Must be able to ascend and descend stairs with no assistance.
VALUES AND BEHAVIORS:
It is essential that you support and integrate the values of Sizemore and interact effectively with co-workers, applicants, visitors, customers and vendors throughout the company. It is expected that you demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and personal demeanor at all times.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university preferred; or the equivalent comprising of professional work experience and training certifications
Five (5) years previous security management, law enforcement service, military police service or combination thereof.
Physical / Mental Requirements:
Work is classified as light in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift / carry 25 pounds periodically. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, speak effectively and listen for understanding for the duration of the workday. Work requires a high attention to detail, the ability to cope with mental demands, prioritize and process information quickly with accuracy and clarity.
This job description has been approved by all levels of applicable management. I acknowledge with my signature this job description is not designed to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. By signing this job description, I hereby acknowledge my responsibilities and duties as they pertain to Sizemore, and further acknowledge that I am fully aware that I am accountable to meet the expectations and responsibilities of my position to Sizemore, Inc.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.