- Job Order ID: 855
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
IMMEDIATE OPENING for a Production Sanitor
The Production Sanitor will report directly to the QA Manager and assist with ensuring a safe and clean work environment in an industrial setting.
Schedule is 4:15pm - 3:00am Monday - Thursday.
Pay rate is $12.00 per hour.
- Perform specific cleaning tasks determined by the QA Manager following Master Sanitation Schedule frequencies and food safety inspections.
- Direct requests specific production/maintenance support cleanups through the QA Manager for response.
- Cleaning tasks to include production equipment, floors, ceiling, walls within the production areas.
- Perform cleaning operations so as not to interfere with manufacturing operations, cross contamination of neighboring equipment, raw materials or stored product.
- This position is NOT responsible for disassembly/reassembly of production equipment machine parts relative to cleaning and sanitizing tasks.
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment including steamer, foamer and high-pressure washer.
- Ensure sanitation equipment and supplies are used properly, reducing waste and damage.
- Notify the QA manager regarding observed need for mechanical repairs.
- Utilize only chemicals, detergents and sanitizers you have been trained to use.
- Review Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for any unfamiliar detergents or sanitizers to be used, to identify possible hazards and appropriate PPEs. (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Working knowledge with CIP/cleaning chemicals. (Training to be provided).
- Record chemical key sign out for chemicals to be withdrawn from the chemical cage and keep cage locked when not in active use.
- Maintain the work area organized so not to present safety hazards to self or others.
- Follow standard protocols of top-down, dry to wet cleaning for efficiency or food safety cross contact /contamination hazard.
- Preform required tasks without compromising building security (propping/leaving doors open).
- Report any pest or safety issues observed to the QA Manager.
- Follow waste and recycling procedures related to product and non-product wastes, carry wastes to dumpsters.
- Dispose of unused detergents and sanitizers and empty containers in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Duties may include painting prep and painting tasks.
- All other duties as assigned.
As seen on Indeed.com
- High school diploma or GED
- Competency in English
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Must not have any food allergies
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Jewelry and artificial nails are not allowed, per safety regulations
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for duration of shift
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and portable stairs, utilize scissor or boom lifts.
- Will be working with corrosive chemicals.
- Will be bending, stooping, lifting, reaching, pushing, and pulling for duration of shift
- Must be able to work in close proximity to warehouse equipment and conveyors and active food manufacturing machinery
- Must have a clean background and drug screen
Work assignments are primarily performed in an indoor food processing environment that may have wet floors, humid and/or dusty conditions. The ambient noise level does not currently require the use of ear plugs, although these are available. PPEs will vary by assignment. The facility regularly processes known food allergens.