Patient Safety Attendant (PSA)
- Job Order ID: 581
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
Patient Safety Attendants (PSA) observe and monitor patients to ensure safety and prevention of injury.
Experience in medical setting is required.
Shifts are (12) hours: 7:00am - 7:00pm & 7:00pm - 7:00am.
Pay rate is $10 per hour.
- Observes and monitors assigned patient(s) to ensure safety and prevention of injury
- Maintains safe and orderly environment at all times
- Obtains report from patients' nurse(s) and/or departing Patient Safety Attendant regarding specific behaviors to monitor
- Observes and reports to patients' nurse(s) all concerns or changes in condition
- Ensures safety equipment, such as Bed Fall Monitor (BFM) is working appropriately and turned on as necessary
- Direct observation of patient(s) at all times, leaving only when relieved by another staff member
- Screens and constantly monitors the patients' environment, eliminating and reducing risks of self- harm.
- Alerts patients' nurse(s) of identified risks or concerns immediately
- Initiates a Code Gray if patient, family member, or visitor has a behavioral outburst that does not deescalate
- Ensures and completes all responsibilities and duties per guidelines
- Other duties may be assigned
Sizemore, Inc. is an EOE
As seen on Indeed.com
- Six (6) months of patient care experience in a hospital/healthcare setting or completion of a college/technical program for: Nursing Assistant, Dietitian, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Phlebotomist, EKG Technician, Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician, etc.
- Basic knowledge of developmental and healthcare needs for all age groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic problem solving skills; ability to analyze when to call for assistance from medical staff
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in high stress environments
- Must be literate and able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- BLS required or within the orientation period (given by employer)
- Completion of Patient Safety Attendant class within six (6) months of hire (given by employer)
- Ability to stand and walk for duration of work shift
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, and reach/lift above one's head