Passenger Assistant Liaison
- Job Order ID: 728
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
GENERAL SUMMARY: Reports to the Airport Customer Service/ Public Relations Manager. The position will include responsibility for assisting passengers with their customer service needs such as, but not limited to; assisting passengers in transpiration around the terminal, assisting in securing ground transportation, wayfinding, answering questions about the airport and its tenants, resolving customer complaints, general customer assistance, inspecting airport amenities quality and reporting any maintenance requirements, collection of luggage carts. Must constantly be presented as a professional by providing a positive image of AGS.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Percentages TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
35 % Responsible for assisting passengers with transition from curb side to the ticket count, by assisting with luggage, mobility, and wayfinding. Responsible for tracking and organizing all luggage carts.
25 % Responsible for assisting all airport patrons with customer service needs such as way finding, securing ground transportation, tenant information, and overall all customer service needs. 20 % Required to make routine terminal inspections of the restrooms, Military Hospitality Suite, and overall terminal condition. Report any and all issues that needs to be addressed.
20 % Provide Airport patrons with positive feedback and overall great customer experience.
As Required Performs other duties as required.
100% Total: 100 (This section's percentage must total 100%).
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Representing the airport as a customer service professional.
- Assisting passengers from curb to ticket counter. May be required to assist in carrying luggage from curb to the ticket counter.
- Assist elderly and disabled passengers with various needs.
- Assist passengers in securing ground transportation.
- Serving as a member of the airport's customer service team by providing patrons with information about the Airport and its tenants, as well as, way finding.
- Conducted regular inspections of the Airports' restrooms, Military Suite, and condition of terminal building. Will be required to report issues or areas that need attention
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High School diploma, trade school, or equivalent level of education.
Experience: One - three years of customer service experience or similar position.
- Interpersonal and customer Service Skills
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Certification: Some positions may require:
- Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance and badge
- Valid state operator/driver's license
OTHER: Does this position require staff call up in an emergency situation? Yes
Depending upon area of assignment: Positions in this class typically require: walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Work is performed in an office setting.
Light Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.