- Job Order ID: 1904
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
Operations Assistants needed immediately for local manufacturing plant!
Supports operations by assisting in Packaging, Plant and Purification/Yard. Forklift certification required for this position.
Pay rate: $13.00
- Performs jobs safely.
- Completes work processes accurately and timely, ensuring Quality and ISO standards are followed.
- Complies with documentation, written work instructions, procedural and applicable regulatory
requirements (such as safety, quality, environmental, housekeeping and food safety).
- Tours assigned area routinely to monitor process.
- Operates general mechanical tools and equipment as required to make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Competently troubleshoots recurring problems to eliminate delays and non-conformities.
- Promotes good workmanship.
- Operates heavy equipment (forklift and large 4wd telescoping fork truck).
- Creates maintenance notifications.
- Performs general plant cleanup, grounds maintenance and setup activities for special functions.
- Attends and participates in required training. Assists in training of new employees and the re-training of existing employees in the work area of responsibility.
- Train and qualify on additional jobs according to business needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Operate bulk solids and liquid material handling equipment (screws, conveyors, screening, and
elevators) using automated control system. Perform dual operations of bagging and transferring
product to TCP silo.
- Properly assess shift needs and make appropriate decisions to ensure required activities occur.
Enter work notifications and assist with maintenance personnel as necessary. Completes LO/TO
and work permits for maintenance.
- Provide accurate written and verbal feedback of daily activities to Supervision personnel, as well
as maintain accurate shift to shift communication.
- Understand and follow packing schedule, acquire necessary raw materials, interface with Plant
Operators and set up of equipment and supplies for pack-out from production or silos.
- Drum, band, label, wrap and inventory TKPP Solution as needed.
- Ensure QC records are completed accurately and timely. Ensure work processes conform to ISO
and Food Safety standards. Confirm production utilizing SAP software and scan packed material
into warehouse storage locations. Verify shift pack-out is completed accurately. Communicate
upward in the organization of any deviations or errors.
- Operate cleaning and floor scrubbing equipment.
- Supports operations changeovers by washing rotoclones, charging beds and emptying mill bin.
- Manually introduces product into recycle loop (e.g. cutting in rework).
- Transfers product from railcars to trucks or semi bulk packages.
- Performs hole watch and/or fire watch during confined space entries and outages.
- Completes tank/vessel cleanout as needed.
- Monitors processes using SCADA/ProVOX/Delta V controls and makes changes to maintain process
within desired limits.
- Troubleshoots process problems and makes corrections to bring process back into control.
- Takes process samples and performs analytical work. Uses results to adjust process if necessary.
- Unloads raw materials – Phosphoric Acid, Caustic Soda, KOH, Sodium Chlorate, Soda Ash and Lime.
- Makes solutions of materials and operates filtration processes.
- Loads bulk trucks with semi bulk packages.
- Loads trucks or railcars with solid or liquid materials.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Forklift certification required.
- Basic computer skills including e-mail, MS Word, Excel and SAP.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Reading/comprehension, speaking and writing at required education equivalency level. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, technical/product information, policies/procedures or government regulations. Ability to complete written forms and write routine to complex procedures, reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate activities with groups or individuals.
- The work requires constant physical exertion to include sitting; walking; standing; bending; traversing stairs; carrying/lifting of light and heavy items (up to 55 lbs) repeatedly, forklift, etc. Work routinely requires speaking and hearing (expression or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words and perceiving sounds by ear).
- The work environment requires normal safety precautions typical of industrial/manufacturing
environments. Requires use of safe work practices with equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and
observance of fire regulations. Manufacturing and warehousing areas are not climate controlled and
environment includes work that requires special safety precautions such as working with irritant
chemicals, around moving parts, carts or machines. Employee will be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, safety shoes, boots, goggles, gloves, safety glasses or shields.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.