Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Job Order ID: 1932
- City: Thomson
- State: GA
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Must have plumbing and pneumatic experience.
Pay rate: Based on experience
Schedule: Day shift with occasional weekends
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair machinery supporting the Pretreatment, E-Coat, Powder Coat and Waste Water Systems in the plant, primarily dealing with pneumatic and plumbing issues that may arise from faulty motors, pumps, valves, compressors, etc. (80%).
- Identify, organize and track all preventative maintenance activities and work with the plant manager on keeping those activities within the specified budget (15%).
Maintain and organize needed hand tools, power tools, spare parts and consumable supplies needed for planned and unplanned downtime issues (5%).
A successful candidate must have the following:
- Experience using a wide range of tools, from simple hand tools to power tools, including welding experience
- Experience using a wide range of industrial powered equipment, such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and track record of systematically identifying the root cause for a particular issue versus a shotgun approach of purchasing random repair parts until the problem is eventually fixed after several failed attempts.
As seen on Indeed.com
- Experience as a Maintenance Technician for 4-6 years
- Manufacturing environment preferred
- Equipment Maintenance
- Technical Understanding
- Experienced in PLC controllers and process instrumentation
- Proficient in electro mechanics, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings
- Knowledge of Safety Regulations