Material Handler/Bagger Operator
- Job Order ID: 173
- City: Thomson
- State: GA
Client Location - Wrens GA. Operates packaging units to package finished product, place on pallets and stores in warehouse. Operates forklift to move pallets and supplies in warehouse and load containers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as a team with other shipping personnel to complete the daily functions in the shipping department. The team rotates among the positions of bagger operator, forklift operator and stacker throughout a shift.
- Completes stencils with accurate information from work orders and stencils bags.
- Operates the automatic bagger which requires hand and foot coordination.
- Works with bagging team leader to assist in the completion of paperwork.
- Operates a forklift to move empty and full pallets, one ton bags and supplies. Uses the forklift to load rail cars and to load/unload trucks.
- Assembles and prepares pallets and stacks 55 lb. bags up to shoulder height from conveyor onto pallets.
- Runs an automatic plastic wrap machine.
- Opens and closes hopper car doors.
- Cleans containers, obtains supplies and prepares cars for loading and shipping.
- Operates bulk unloader.
- Takes samples from bags to laboratory.
- Cleans warehouse and assists in other areas of housekeeping.
- Must adhere to all KaMin safety policies.
- Complete risk assessments before each job task.
- Review appropriate job safety analysis and/or complete one prior to taking on new tasks or equipment.
- May Perform other duties as relates to Shipping Department.
Additional Position Requirements:
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures to achieve KaMin's Vision.
- Comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures with the intent to maintain a safe working environment.
- Report all safety incidents, accidents or injuries to supervisor immediately.
- Report all productivity and quality issues to supervisor immediately.
- Required to participate in regularly scheduled safety meetings to meet objectives.
- Must understand and comply with Personal Protective Equipment requirements for work area.
- Accepts and performs delegated tasks including: housekeeping inspections, completing forms, etc.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have own transportation
- Must be willing to work rotating 12-hour shifts
- Must work rotating shifts and may be required to work overtime.
- Works mostly in the plant environment, works indoors and outdoors, and is exposed to seasonal temperature variations.
- Works around machinery and moving equipment and frequently exposed to noise, vibrations, chemicals, dust, fumes, and slippery conditions.
- Frequently exerts up to 55 lbs. of force to push, pull, or lift objects.
- Required to lift and handle an average of 55 lb. bags in repetitive motion on a daily basis.
- Requires significant standing, walking, and climbing.
- Ability to read and comprehend work orders, loading forms, work instructions, safety manuals, and material safety data sheets.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute to goals and objectives.
- Must possess basic computer skills to enter process parameters.