- Job Order ID: 796
- City: Duluth
- State: GA
We are looking to hire candidates that have experience working in a manufacturing/production environment.
2nd and 3rd Shift are available.
Performs activities necessary for the efficient manufacture and delivery of Nordson products. The requirement is to have a flexible work force that can respond appropriately to changing customer requirements.
· Program, Setup/Operate, CNC and conventional machines, their attachments and accessories.
o Multi Axes Lathes & Star Swiss Lathes ( Knowledge of Fanuc Controller a Plus)
o Manual Mills/ Lathes Machines
o Grinding Machines (Knowledge of Center-less & Point Grinding a Plus)
o CNC Horizontal Machine Centers
o CNC Vertical Machine Centers
· Ability to determine optimum machining process utilizing CNC and/or Manual Machines to meet blueprint specifications
· Machine shop theory and practices
o Turning, milling, drilling, tapping, grinding, etc.
· Knowledge and application of basic shop measuring techniques
o Calipers, micrometers, indicators, gauge blocks
· Blueprint reading and ability to determine
o Optimized sequence of operations and setup requirements including raw material preparation
o In-process dimensions and tolerances required to finish part to specs
· Readily able to make different kinds of parts
o Low Volume / High Mix
· Troubleshoot and take corrective actions to control machining processes
o Detect tool wear/breakdown
o Metal cutting process-depth of cut, chip information, etc.
o Work/Tool holding methods
· Machine shop safety procedures
· Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on machines/equipment
· Knowledge of layout techniques
· Use of hand tools
Other duties assigned
as seen on indeed.com
High School diploma plus technical training or relevant experience associated with the task to be performed.
3 to 5 years Machinist experience.
· Skilled in the use of measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and optical comparators.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints to manufacture parts to engineering specifications.
· Technical Ability – effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc.
· Ability to Learn – assimilating and apply new, job related information in a timely manner
· Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
· Basic Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Prolonged standing and the ability to lift to 50 lbs as needed.