Machine Operator (Bag Division)
- Job Order ID: 340
- City: Thomson
- State: GA
Client Location - Thomson, GA
The blender operator is responsible for all setup and mixing of components for plastic extrusion lines and programming blending machines. The operator must be attentive and self motivated. He/she must also be able to work as a team. The amount of equipment and processes used requires attention to detail and ability to keep pace with the process in order to minimize setup time and scrap.
- Mixing components for plastic extrusion lines and programming blending machines.
- Operating plastic extrusion equipment, including cleaning, set up; trouble shooting, adjusting and performing quality control tests.
- Filling hopper with resin mixes.
- Cleaning work area and machines.
- Operating a forklift to move material throughout the plant.
- Operating auxiliary equipment such as scales, blenders, pumps, and pelletizers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- 2-5 years experience in plastics industry or similar environment are preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experience transferring materials from rail cars / tankers, or experience in a blending capacity (i.e. blending machine operator).
- Experience with batch mixing and/or extruder operation a plus.
- 1-year experience driving a forklift (sit down) preferred.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment and willing to learn all the facets of our manufacturing process.
- Above average basic math skills required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. frequently, including carrying it up stairs at times.
- Ability to detect colors for quality control.
- Ability to utilize PPE including eye protection, safety shoes etc.