- Job Order ID: 1957
- City: Thomson
- State: GA
Lab Technician needed to assist in the daily operations of the Coating Department to monitor, maintain, and improve the quality and consistency of products produced through verification and control of information.
Pay rate: $13-15 depending on experience
- Inspection and control of incoming inventory using various measuring instruments.
- Conducts all pretreatment testing and maintain system according to Supplier's recommendation.
- Conduct testing of E-coat system making adjustment according to Supplier's recommendation, maintain both paper and computer logs.
- Retrieve and ship weekly and monthly samples for Outside analysis.
- Conducts physical property testing as required to ensure system integrity.
- Maintain filing system of all QA documentation to include, but not limited to, drawings, internal and external test reports, Training document, work instructions, etc.
- Provides work orders to Maintenance Department for any required maintenance, repairs or inspection of system deemed necessary.
- Processing and documentation of all non-conforming materials in a timely manner.
- Complete verification or corrective action as assigned.
- Assist as directed in the maintenance of the Quality Program.
- Compliance with ISO-9001 policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as required by management.
- Experience working with chemicals in a lab environment.
- Experience working with common Lab equipment.
- Experience in a manufacturing lab desirable.
- Experience working with mechanical equipment helpful.
- Experience working with computers helpful.
- Light maintenance, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic experience required (no certification needed)
- Quality background preferred.
- Trouble shooting skills desired.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work alone with high attention to detail.
- Good communication skills required.
- Able to bend, stoop and move material(s) for measurement and system adjustments.
- High school diploma, GED certificate, Technical degree and/or equivalent from 2-3 years experience and/or training, preferably in a manufacturing, laboratory, or quality control related field.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.