- Job Order ID: 860
- City: Columbus
- State: GA
Housekeeper/Janitorial workers maintain the cleanliness of the client's facility.
Daily job responsibilities / functions to include, but not limited to:
- Vacuuming using a backpack vacuum weighing 9 – 12 pounds, sweeping, mopping and scrubbing of flooring and stairs.
- Wipe down baseboards not blocked by furniture.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, to include sinks, toilets, and urinals.
- Clean / polish mirrors and all bright work in restrooms.
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwave, coffee makers, and refrigerators in break-rooms.
- Restock supplies / refill dispensers in restrooms, break rooms and common areas.
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, tying liners as needed to fit trash cans.
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered.
- Clean windowsills, windows and blinds.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
The work is performed in various environments. Service provided might be in one building or spread over several buildings.
The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than 50 pounds. You also must be able to use a backpack vacuum.
The following figures convey the relevant and relative physical abilities an applicant or employee must possess in order to fulfill the job functions and duties:
SQUATTING / STOOPING 15%
LIFTING 40 lbs.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Good client / customer service skills
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Ability to work effectively with a team
Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort
Basic knowledge of cleaning products and understanding of SDS or willing to learn
High School Diploma
6 Months or more of related experience
The work requires routine walking, standing, sitting, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing less than 50 pounds