Hospital Security Officer
- Job Order ID: 768
- City: Swainsboro
- State: GA
F/T-P/T Security Officer needed for local medical center
- Conduct foot (inside and outside) patrol
- Perform escort / courier of personnel, cash, drugs, cadavers, and specimens
- Perform escort of law enforcement personnel for legal matters
- Deliver subpoenas in conjunction with law enforcement
- Conduct physical checks and investigate unsecured doors, gates, vehicles and buildings
- Open doors, gates, vehicles and building for authorized personnel
- Monitor/operate Closed Circuit Television (CCTVs), two-way radios, telephones, fire enunciator system, call boxes, and equipment alarms
- Operate / maintain motor vehicle (refuel, preventive maintenance checks, logs, etc...)
- Maintain assigned equipment
- Complete administrative and security incident reports
- Maintain daily event logs
- Enforce parking and traffic policies
- Investigate traffic accidents
- Assist motorists with vehicle problems (dead battery, keys locked in car, etc...)
- Investigate non-vehicular accidents (falls, slipping, tripping, etc..)
- Perform package inspections
- Secure and document lost and found items
- Respond to and investigate silent and audible alarms
- Conduct records checks with local law enforcement
- Protect crime scenes until arrival of law enforcement
- Performs patient watch duties
- Perform preliminary investigation of criminal activity
- Confront and detain persons suspected of criminal activity
- Search persons placed in custody
- Assist staff in restraining confrontational patients
- Respond to and monitor confrontational situations
- Respond to Emergency Codes
- Sign in visitors after hours
- Assist law enforcement and other duties as assigned.
- Have dependable transportation and be able to be contacted directly by phone.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds without restriction.
- Must successfully complete an initial physical fitness test and maintain such physical fitness standards throughout the term of assignment. (6 flights of steps in 60 seconds or less while carrying a 25 lb fire extinguisher)
- Must submit to, and pass, designated physical exams as required by the healthcare facility. These include TB Tine Test and others.
- Must attend Bloodborne Pathogen training.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight. Must possess full color vision.
- Be able to work any shift, 24-hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply to your availability.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties. (i.e. fear of heights, deceased persons, etc.)
- Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Be able to work in harmony with others.
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
- Successfully complete all initial training, site-specific training and in-service training. Including but not limited to: OC, Handcuffing, Defensive Tactics, Environment of Care, and Verbal Judo. (WIN testing: Applied Math, Observation, Reading for Information, Business Writing)
- Read and comprehend policies and procedures / rules and regulations written or spoken in English.
- Communicate utilizing the English language and interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with personnel authorized to be upon the client's location.
- Possess patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm; as well as diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with any person in the work environment no matter the circumstances.
- Operate communication equipment that could include, telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems.
- Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs walking security, fire prevention and safety patrols. Long periods of standing and walking can be anticipated.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Runs for short distances in response to emergency situations.
- Follows established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Prepares and presents oral and written reports.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment (hardhats, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, etc.).
- Operates specialized equipment when trained and authorized (i.e. Closed Circuit Television Systems; computer systems, etc).
- Security Officers required to operate motor vehicles will be required to prove they have a valid state driver's license and provide Sizemore with a 3 year driving record.
- Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so that instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible and complete.
- May encounter blood-borne pathogens
- May encounter infectious and contagious disease
- May encounter threatening situations
- May encounter flammable explosive gases
- Works inside and outside in all weather conditions
- Works around moderate noise
- Extensive walking and standing required
- May be required to work overtime
Education from a standard high school or equivalent, at least 21 years of age, must possess a valid drivers license, good moral and ethical character as determined by a pre-employment background investigation. Must possess good health. Must not have been convicted of a crime punishable in a Federal or State prison or institution, nor have been convicted of a sufficient amount of misdemeanors to show a disregard for the law or any crime of moral turpitude. Must have clean and clear background. Must have open availability and be able to work any shift including weekend and on call.
I acknowledge this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice. I hereby acknowledge my responsibilities and duties as they pertain to Sizemore, and further acknowledge that I am fully aware that I am accountable to meet the expectations and responsibilities of my position.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.