General Warehouse Janitor
- Job Order ID: 745
- City: Petersburg
- State: VA
We are currently seeking highly motivated and hard-working individuals for the position of janitor/PIT operator at an order processing center in Petersburg, VA. FT Day and Night shifts available.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Loading and unloading goods/carboard from vehicles such as trucks
- Moving goods/carboard packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck's battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Dumping materials into machine hoppers/augers
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and scrubbing of flooring and stairs.
- Wipe down baseboards not blocked by furniture.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, to include sinks, toilets, and urinals.
- Clean/polish mirrors and all bright work in restrooms.
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwave, coffee makers, and refrigerators in break rooms.
- Restock supplies/refill dispensers in restrooms, break rooms, and common areas.
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, tying liners as needed to fit trash cans.
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered.
- Clean windowsills, windows, and blinds.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Empty Recycle Bins
- Use of EPJ
- Operation of Scrubber Machine
- Operation of PIT Equipment
*AS SEEN ON INDEED.COM*
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator's license may be required
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly sit/stand on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights