- Job Order ID: 701
- City: Waynesboro
- State: GA
Local Industrial site in Waynesboro is now seeking an experienced forklift driver. Candidate must have two years of forklift experience and a valid drivers license. Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check. Schedule is Monday - Friday 6:00am-3:00pm with a $12.00 an hour payrate.
Pay Rate - $12.00 per hour Operate industrial forklifts to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, or similar location. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods is a plus, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Move levers or controls that operate the lifting device. Lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes, and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, or platforms.
- Perform routine maintenance on forklift, such as cleaning, lubricating, or recharging batteries.
Forklift Operators will be performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs movement of your whole body such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of different kinds of materials.
Wearing of the proper protective safety equipment is a must!
Two or more years of experience as a forklift operator is required!