Finishing / Laborer
- Job Order ID: 717
- City: Greenwood
- State: SC
Cleaning, grinding rough castings, operate forklift, clean machines, operate air tools. Lifts 80-100 lbs. using a crane lift.
Moves sand, castings, flasks, or other materials about foundry by hand, using wheelbarrow or cart, or by loading them onto conveyor.
- Fits together, clamps and un-clamps cope and drag on production line.
- Breaks sand mold from finished casting, using bar or hammer.
- Sorts castings into pairs or groups for assembly.
- Cleans castings, patterns, and flasks using wire brush.
- Removes gates and other projections from castings with sledge, pneumatic hammer, power shear, or power hacksaw.
- Breaks up used sand molds with bar, shovels sand into drying oven and sand-mixing machine, and sifts sand through motor-driven screen for reuse in new molds.
- Breaks up slag, using hammer, and shovel it into buckets for removal to dump. Chips out worn cupola and ladle linings, using bar.
- Prepares plaster and relines ladle.
- Sweeps and cleans work areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As seen on indeed.com
* BASIC READING, WRITING, ARITHMETIC SKILLS REQUIRED
* MUST BE ABLE TO STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME
* MUST BE ABLE TO WORK OVERTIME IF REQUIRED (20-25 hours per week)
* POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND GOOD WORK ETHIC
* NEGATIVE DRUG TEST
* ACCEPTABLE BACKGROUND
* DEPENDABLE TRANSPORTATION
* MUST WEAR STEEL TOED BOOTS; LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS; FITTING ATTIRE; NO JEWELRY