Director Of Health Care Security
- Job Order ID: 773
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
This position is responsible for directing and administering the organization’s security programs in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Director oversees physical security on hospital property. During emergencies, where a hazardous condition exists or there is a threat to persons or property, directs internal resources and works with appropriate external agencies and internal organizational departments to bring the condition under control and develop programs/ policies/ procedures to reduce the risk of such events in the future. This position also reviews and investigates all employee/ visitor accidents as pertains to injuries received due to security related matters and is responsible for orientation of all new employees to ensure a safe and secure environment for patients, staff, and visitors throughout the hospital.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Oversees the daily operations of the Security Department.
Interviews, hires, assigns and directs department personnel.
Evaluates performance, counsels, and if necessary, takes appropriate disciplinary action.
Ensures that department's personnel receive adequate and required training necessary to effectively perform security duties.
Prepares and monitors annual capital and expense budgets and ensures compliance with same.
This is not all inclusive, and other tasks may be assigned as well from time to time.
As seen on Indeed.com
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 21 years of age with a mature presence.
- Have no convictions for any felony offense.
- Have no misdemeanor convictions for any crimes of moral turpitude.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Must submit to and pass required testing. (Admin related to job functions, background, drug)
- Have within the normal range of hearing and eyesight.
- Be able to work the dayshift, Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM as well as extra hours that could be required from time to time.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Be willing to participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Be able to work in harmony with others.
- Must possess great problem-solving skills and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to read and comprehend policies and procedures / rules and regulations written or spoken in English.
- Communicate utilizing the English language and interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone, whether the individual is an internal or external customer. Bilingual is a plus.
- Possess patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm; as well as diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with any person in the work environment.
- Must adhere to all safety requirements of Sizemore and any applicable jobsite.
- May be required to operate a company motor vehicle and make distribution or pickup of material occasionally. With this responsibility, an MVR must be provided and accepted by Sizemore.
- Must possess initiative and sound judgement in evaluating and reacting to situations.
- Frequent exposure to adverse working conditions (such as dust, chemicals, odors/fumes, etc.)
- Moderate level of adverse working conditions due to exposure to hazards that could result in muscle strain, smoke inhalation, electrical burn, etc.
VALUES / BEHAVIORS:
It is essential that you support and integrate the values of Sizemore and interact effectively with co-workers, applicants, visitors, customers and vendors throughout the company. It is expected that you demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and personal demeanor at all times.
Bachelor's degree required preferably in criminal justice or a related field and five of more years of experience in security at a management level. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Five years leadership experience required in order to develop and implement policies and procedures for department operations, and to ensure compliance with all regulations and policies directing its operations.
Physical / Mental Requirements:
Substantial level of mental/visual effort required in order to conduct inspections/ reviews of projects and facilities to ensure compliance with security codes and standards and timely completion of projects. Moderate level of physical effort required in order to bend, stoop, walk and stand while inspecting projects, facilities, or emergency scene where hazardous conditions are present.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.