- Job Order ID: 302
- City: Heflin
- State: AL
Looking for a Full-Time Custodian in the Heflin, AL area.
Daily job responsibilities/ functions to include, but not limited to:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and scrubbing of flooring and stairs.
- Wipe down baseboards not blocked by furniture.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, to include sinks, toilets, and urinals.
- Clean/polish mirrors and all bright work in restrooms.
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwave, coffee makers, and refrigerators in break-rooms.
- Restock supplies/refill dispensers in restrooms, break rooms and common areas.
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, tying liners as needed to fit trash cans.
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered.
- Clean windowsills, windows and blinds.
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Proper operation of scrubber.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good client/customer service skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and understanding of Material Safety Data Sheet's or willing to learn.
High School Diploma. (Preferred)
- 6 Months of more related experience. (Preferred)
Work Environment: The work is performed in various environments. Service provided might be in one building or spread over several buildings; with a wide variety of personnel with different functions, personalities and abilities.
The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than 50 pounds.
The following figures convey the relevant and relative physical abilities an applicant or employee must posses in order to fulfill the job functions and duties:
LIFTING 50 lbs
I agree that I have read the requirements of the job description above, and am able to complete all of the aforementioned tasks with no restrictions. Any misstatements or misrepresentations may disqualify me for employment consideration and, if I am hired, may be grounds for termination at a later date