JOB SUMMARY: The COVID-19 Screener for the Augusta Security Division of Sizemore, Inc. will be responsible for maintaining security of hospital by enforcing access control and screening for COVID-19 symptoms- taking visitors’ temperatures, asking general COVID-19 questions, enforcing use of PPE (personal protective equipment), and performing other duties as requested by the client and Sizemore, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: COVID-19 Screener
REPORTS TO: Security Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The COVID-19 Screener for the Augusta Security Division of Sizemore, Inc. will be responsible for maintaining security of hospital by enforcing access control and screening for COVID-19 symptoms- taking visitors' temperatures, asking general COVID-19 questions, enforcing use of PPE (personal protective equipment), and performing other duties as requested by the client and Sizemore, Inc.
- Be at least 21 years of age for armed or unarmed positions.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to interface effectively in a pleasant "customer service" tone with any personnel at the Client's location.
- Employees must be capable of passing appropriate criminal and work history checks.
- Have dependable transportation.
- Have normal hearing and eyesight with an ability to discern colors.
- Be on-call to work any shift, 24 hours per day, seven days per week; or, if unable to work any shift, indicate what restrictions apply.
- Have no fear or phobia that would prevent full performance of duties. (i.e., fear of heights, etc.)
- Must participate in training sessions and meetings when scheduled.
- Work in harmony with others.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions.
- Operate communication equipment that could include, telephone systems, two-way radios, paging systems and public address systems.
- Capable of long periods of standing and walking.
- Follow established procedures to obtain external emergency support from law enforcement, fire and medical support agencies when needed.
- Adhere to all safety requirements of Client and Sizemore, including, but not limited to, wearing of personal protective equipment.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other related job duties as assigned.
It is essential that the COVID-19 Screener support and integrate the values of the Client and Sizemore, to interact effectively with the client's employees, visitors, customers, and vendors. The COVID-19 Screener must always demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor.
High school diploma or GED (proof or high school graduation or GED is required).
Job Knowledge and Skills:
Requires the ability to function effectively during difficult situations, such as in emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication so instructions given are clear and understood and reports are accurate, legible, and complete.
Physical / Mental Requirements: *
Work requires high attention and mental demands, including the ability to prioritize and process information with accuracy and clarity. Must possess initiative and sound judgment in evaluating and reacting to possibly difficult situations.
Working and Environmental Conditions:
While performing job duties, the Security Officer can reasonably anticipate they will be required to work inside of hospital buildings.
Sizemore, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.