Clamp Forklift Operator
- Job Order ID: 720
- City: Savannah
- State: GA
Operate industrial forklifts to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, or similar location. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods is a plus, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Move levers or controls that operate the lifting device. Lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes, and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, or platforms.
- Perform routine maintenance on forklift, such as cleaning, lubricating, or recharging batteries.
- Must be able to operate a forklift using the box clamp attachment.
- Exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude that exemplifies the principles of the company and to maintain a positive productive workplace.
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in a positive working environment.
- Follow safety rules of employer and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Meet or exceed daily goals and expectations as defined by client.
- Will be required to change and adapt quickly as defined by the needs of our clients. Flexibility is crucial in this position. Our clients' needs must be dealt with in a quick and efficient manner with a sense of immediate urgency.
- Must be able to work with no supervision and be able to follow directions very closely.
- Perform daily job assignments as required and per the department's established procedures and work instructions of as identified by the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Do counts on what is received into warehouse each day
- Immediately report any accident, injury, potential incidences or any unsafe work conditions in the workplace.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Record and report all data required to maintain warehouse records
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- As seen on Indeed.com
Forklift Operators will be performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs movement of your whole body such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of different kinds of materials.
Wearing of the proper protective safety equipment is a must!
One or more years of experience as a forklift operator is required!
High School Diploma or GED required.
Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Able to perform basic math.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Able to communicate clearly and effectively verbally.
Able to work a flexible schedule from 8:00 AM to (expected) 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Good organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail.
Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.