- Job Order ID: 126
- City: Thomson
- State: GA
Site Location - Warrenton, GA
Pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings, moving foundry materials and cleaning equipment and work areas.
Performs any combinations of following tasks in foundry concerned with melting metal, but not limited to:
- Pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings, moving foundry materials and cleaning equipment and work areas
- Moves sand, castings, flasks, or other materials about foundry by hand, using wheelbarrow or cart, or by loading them onto conveyor.
- Assembles flasks, using wrench, bolts, and tap screws.
- Waters and mixes sand, shovels sand into flasks, and compacts sand in flasks, and compacts sand in flasks, using ramming tool.
- Sprays binder on surface of sand molds and dries surface with blowtorch.
- Fits together, clamps and un-clamps cope and drag on production line.
- Weighs out specified amounts of materials for furnace charge and loads charge into melting furnace.
- Skims slag from surface of molten metal using scoop.
- Carries or pushes ladles of molten metal on monorail and pours metal into molds.
- Installs and removes steel jackets and bands used to hold snap molds together during casting.
- Breaks sand mold from finished casting, using bar or hammer.
- Sorts castings into pairs or groups for assembly.
- Pulls reinforcing wires from castings.
- Directs high pressure stream of water onto castings to clean castings and remove cores.
- Cleans castings, patterns, and flasks using wire brush.
- Removes gates and other projections from castings with sledge, pneumatic hammer, power shear, or power hacksaw.
- Breaks up used sand molds with bar, shovels sand into drying oven and sand-mixing machine, and sifts sand through motor-driven screen for reuse in new molds.
- Breaks up slag, using hammer, and shovel it into buckets for removal to dump. Chips out worn cupola and ladle linings, using bar.
- Prepares plaster and relines ladle.
- Sweeps and cleans work areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This employer requires that applicants be at least 18 years old, and prefers at least 12 months experience in a production facility, have a high school diploma/GED from a state accredited institution. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, work in dirty, dusty conditions, work all shifts required including weekends as needed.
Required Skills for position:
- DEXTERITY (good physical movement especially in using hands and working with objects)
- BASIC READING, WRITING, ARITHMETIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- MUST BE ABLE TO STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK OVERTIME IF REQUIRED (20-25 hours per week)
- NO HISTORY OF ALLERGIES OR ASTHMA
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND GOOD WORK ETHIC
- NEGATIVE DRUG TEST
- ACCEPTABLE BACKGROUND
- DEPENDABLE TRANSPORTATION
- MUST WEAR STEEL TOED BOOTS; LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS; FITTING ATTIRE; NO JEWELRY