Press Brake Operator
- Job Order ID: 685
- City: Greenwood
- State: SC
Set up and run production using Accurpress CNC Press Brake. Inspecting production for conformance. Moving completed work to the next work center. Welding and brazing duties may be needed based on capacity within the Monti fabrication department.
CNC Press Brake Set Up and Operator – Job Description
Daily Duties to include:
- Set up and run production using Accurpress CNC Press Brake.
- Consists of selecting tooling and creating program based on print specs such as material type, form angle, radius, and bend lengths.
- Inspecting production for conformance.
- Moving completed work to the next work center.
- Welding and brazing duties may be needed based on capacity within the Monti fabrication department.
Required Skills include:
- Experience setting up and running Accurpress CNC press brakes
- Ability to prepare and run complex bend setups and forming operations. This includes custom punch/die changes. Able to program the Press Brake using all features of the press brake. e.g. bending at angles, step bends, proper back gauge transfer between steps, delays, etc
- Must be able to create sheet metal bends within .010" - .015" tolerance on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of tool selection based on part being manufactured
- Knowledge of calculating flat sizes using material bend allowance
- Blue print reading skills and how they relate to the finished part
- Able to inspect product using calipers, height gage, square, and tape measure
- Knowledge of fraction decimal equivalents. EX: ¼ = .250, 5/8 =.625
- Experience driving forklift
- Experience within a fabrication shop
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot/cold environment
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned