- Job Order ID: 683
- City: Augusta
- State: GA
Local Steel Company looking for Certified Welders. Must have welding and blueprint reading experience. This is a direct hire position with a competitive pay rate based on experience.
Welder will bind structural as well as non structural parts by means of welding according to drawings using predominantly MIG welding of steel. All welds are done according to written procedures and AISC guidelines. Regardless of training or experience; all welders must complete an in-house training program to certify the welder according to AWS (American Weld Society) standards. This will include passing a fillet test, of 3/8" test and a 1" test.
As seen on Indeed.com
Job Skills Required
- At least three years structural steel experience preferred. Will need to be certified according to AWS standards.
- Must be proficient with a cutting torch
- Knowledge is required in the following areas: assembly; parts; welding; welding symbols; ability to read and understand welding drawings; quality control; knowledge of a variety of structural members (beam, channel, angle) and safety.
- Must be able to pass a test to operate an overhead crane.
- Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour day.
- Must be bale to consistently lift 80lbs. or turn over a beam or column
- Must be bale to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts and weld gun
- Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination
- Must demonstrate good manual dexterity
- Must be able to read, evaluate, and respond to product specifications and drawings, and perform normal math calculations easily
- Must have strong general mechanical skills
You will be required to pass a criminal background check, and drug screen prior to employment offer.
· Class C - Certified welder (2G minimum) doing miscellaneous and detail work involving less difficult areas of production. Must have blueprint reading experience with enough experience to do minor fabrication. (e.g. roof frame, layout plates)
· Class B – Certified welder capable of fabricating most structural steel including trusses.
· Class A – Capable of fabricating every facet of structural and miscellaneous including trusses, rolled material and compound beveled material.